Work Health & SafetyEnquire now
About the Course
If you aspire to, or currently have responsibility in operations, human resources or work health and safety in an organisation, this course is for you.
The course will cover the following topics:
- WHS management systems
- Procedures for effectively identifying hazards
- Addressing and controlling risks in a work area
- Effective participation arrangements for managing WHS in a work area
You will learn how to identify WHS policies and duty holders to define WHS responsibilities for all workplace personnel, identify and approve financial and human resources required by the WHS management system, work with workers and their representatives to set up and maintain participation arrangements, appropriately resolve issues raised through the participation and consultation arrangements, develop procedures for ongoing hazard identification and the assessment and control of associated risks, develop and maintain procedures for selecting and implementing risk controls, identify inadequacies in existing risk controls according to the hierarchy of control and promptly provide resources to enable the implementation of new measures, identify requirements for expert WHS advice, develop and provide a WHS induction and training program for all workers in a work area, develop and evaluate the WHS management system, and ensure compliance with the WHS legislative framework to achieve WHS legal requirements.
This short course can be taken as part of the Diploma of Leadership and Management course. If you would like to undertake this course as part of the management diploma, please speak to one of our Student & Administration Support Managers prior to enrolling. You can find out more about our business management courses on the course section on our website.
Gain an advantage by doing an online short course:
- Get access to quality and industry-approved resources
- You get to learn and build on your current skills and knowledge
- Save time and money on travel costs to get to a face-to-face course
- Study anytime, anywhere as long as you have an internet connection
- You get to study at your own pace - you do not need to sacrifice your social life