Accounting & FinanceEnquire now
About the Course
If you aspire to, or currently have responsibility in establishing and maintaining payroll systems, this short course is for you.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Establish payroll requirements
- Record payroll data
- Prepare and process payroll
- Handle payroll enquiries
- Maintain payroll
You will learn how to establish payroll set-up for salary packaging, ensure payroll system includes complete and accurate employee data, review payroll data and clarify discrepancies (if any), enter employee pay period details and deducations as well as allowances in the payroll system in accordance with source data, calculate payment due to individual employees to reflect standard pay and variations in accordance with employee source data, conduct payroll preparation with designated timelines, calculate and reconcile employee in accordance with legislative requirements, maintain all information and record keeping, generate and distribute payroll reports, and extract and apply business activity statement (BAS) and instalment activity statement (IAS) data in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations.
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping. This course can also be taken as one of the entry requirements for the Diploma of Accounting course. If you would like to undertake this course as part of any of the accounting courses, please speak to one of our Student & Administration Support Managers prior to enrolling.
Gain an advantage by doing an online short course:
- Get access to quality and industry-approved resources
- You get to learn and build on your current skills and knowledge
- Save time and money on travel costs to get to a face-to-face course
- Study anytime, anywhere as long as you have an internet connection
- You get to study at your own pace - you do not need to sacrifice your social life