Accounting & FinanceEnquire now
About the Course
If you aspire to, or currently have responsibilities in managing payroll, this course is for you.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Establish procedures for the management of payroll
- Prepare payroll data
- Authorise payment of salaries
- Administer salary records
You will learn how to establish procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of payroll information, ensure procedures guarantee substantiation of claims for allowances, establish control measures to safeguard financial resources, establish systems to ensure statutory obligations are met and records are kept for the period determined by government legislation, use nominated industrial awards and contracts to calculate gross pay and annual salaries, calculate statutory and voluntary deductions using government and employee documentation, provide payroll data to payroll processor for calculation within designated timelines, reconcile salaries and wages, manage queries related to salaries and wages, calculate and transcribe group tax amounts and make payments in accordance with taxation procedures, and prepare and reconcile employee group certificate amounts from salary records.
This short course can be taken as part of the Diploma of Business course. If you would like to undertake this course as part of the business diploma, please speak to one of our Student & Administration Support Managers prior to enrolling. You can find out more about our business management courses on the course section of our website.
Why complete a short course online?
- You get to learn new knowledge quickly
- Study from the comforts of your own home
- You get to build on your skills and knowledge
- Cheaper than attending a face-to-face course
- You get to gain an advantage in the workplace with the new skills and knowledge you have learned
- You do not have to sacrifice your family or work commitments - just pause and come back to where you left off