Accounting & FinanceEnquire now
About the Course
If you aspire to, or currently have responsibilities in processing financial transactions, this short course is for you.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Check and verify supporting documentation
- Prepare and process banking and petty cash documents
- Prepare and process invoices for payment to creditors and for debtors
- Prepare and post journals and batch monetary items
- Post journals to ledger
- Prepare deposit facility and lodge flows
- Extract trial balance and interim reports
You will learn how to examine supporting documentation to establish accuracy and completeness, check cheques and card vouchers for validity, reconcile banking documentation with financial records, prepare and check invoices, prepare and post journals accurately, take security and safety precautions appropriate to the method of banking, process accurately any special transactions, complete cash and credit journals and post to general ledger, and extract and check trial balances.
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping. This course can also be taken as one of the entry requirements for the Diploma of Accounting course. If you would like to undertake this course as part of any of the online accounting courses, please speak to one of our Student & Administration Support Managers prior to enrolling.
Benefits of undertaking a short course online:
- You can study anytime, anywhere
- You can pick up new skills and knowledge at times that suit you
- You can gain an advantage in your career with the knowledge you have picked up
- No commuting, study from the comforts of your own home
- Affordable costs, no hidden costs