Accounting & FinanceEnquire now
About the Course
If you aspire to, or currently have responsibilities in setting up and operating a computerised accounting system, this short course is for you.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Implement integrated accounting system
- Process transactions within the system
- Maintain system
- Produce reports
- Ensure system integrity
You will learn how to implement general ledgers, chart of accounts and subsidiary accounts; set up customers, suppliers and inventory items in system; use appropriate technical help to solve any operational problems; process wide range of cash and credit transactions in service and trading environment; use general journal to make any balance day adjustments for pre-payments and accruals; perform end of financial year rollover; generate reports to indicate financial performance and financial position of organisation and for GST purposes as required or requested; generate reports to ensure that subsidiary ledgers and accounts reconcile with the general ledger; regularly back-up system to ensure against loss or corruption of data; restore data from back-ups and maintain secure record of all processed transactions for audit purposes.
This course can be taken as part of the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping. This course can also be taken as one of the entry requirements for the Diploma of Accounting course. If you would like to undertake this course as part of the accounting diploma, please speak to one of our Student & Administration Support Managers prior to enrolling.
Gain an advantage by doing an online short course:
- Get access to quality and industry-approved resources
- You get to learn and build on your current skills and knowledge
- Save time and money on travel costs to get to a face-to-face course
- Study anytime, anywhere as long as you have an internet connection
- You get to study at your own pace - you do not need to sacrifice your social life